- We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible (Genesis 1).
- We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made (John 1:1-14).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified (John 16:5-16).
- We believe that all scripture is inspired by God and is the authority for the Christian life (II Timothy 3:14-17).
- We believe in conversion, which is the renewal of life at its deepest level through repentance and trust in the forgiveness of Christ (Acts 2:36-39).
- We believe that conversion places us in the church and that no other formalities are necessary (Acts 2:47).
- We believe in Christian holiness, that is, the commitment to become Christ-like in our actions, attitudes, words, and thoughts (Romans 12:1-2).
- We believe that God through His Holy Spirit desires to dwell within the life of every believer, producing Christian character and resulting in Christian service (fruits of the Spirit and gifts of the Spirit) (Galatians 5:22-26, I Corinthians 12).
- We believe that the Kingdom of God is both a present reality as well as a future hope (Luke 17:20-21; Matthew 25:34).
- We believe in Christian unity which makes us a part of one universal church (John 17:20-23).
- We believe that baptism by immersion is for believers who have confessed Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and that it symbolizes the newness of life that we have in Christ (Acts 16:25-34).
- We believe that communion is an act of remembrance, which symbolizes Christ’s sacrificial death on our behalf and an act of communing with Christ and His Body (I Corinthians 11:23-29).
- We believe that footwashing symbolizes the servant role to which Jesus Christ calls His disciples (John 13:1-17).
- We believe that Christ will come again at a time of God’s appointing and that He will come in judgment. Those who are in Christ will dwell with God forever in Heaven, and those who are not in Christ will be separated from God forever in Hell. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Matthew 25:31-46).
Five Non-Negotiables of the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)
Jesus is Lord
The Holy Spirit is Active and Working
Unity in the Body of Christ
Love God with your whole self and your neighbor as yourself
The Supremacy of Scripture